Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The God Box

It is better to exist than not to exist. Therefore it is better to have faith than to lack it.
When we think about our faith, what do we choose to place it in? Humans are fallible, idols are worthless plus there are those days when the world seems out to get us.
Fear not. Choose faith. For if faith exists then we have hope.
Being raised Catholic, having faith in the Holy Trinity was taught at an extremely young age. At 4 years old I believed my magical friend Jesus would talk to his dad God then sort out all my problems. To this day my sister and I are still waiting on our baby brother.
Now older – perhaps wiser though it’s debatable – I’ve started to reevaluate my beliefs. Particularly my faith.
My dear friend, the fabulous Heather McCole Williams, sent me this wonderful story awhile ago. It’s by a woman who wrote of her mother’s God Box.
This woman who would listen to peoples issues then “she would say optimistically, ‘I’ll put it in the God Box.’ The simple act of writing down the wish and relinquishing control to a higher power was her way to help others and relieve her own mind.”
[God's In-Box]
You can read the full interpretations of “The God Box” here:
Her daughter writes: “Every day, I try to maintain my faith, to believe as fully as she did. As she taught me, it doesn’t hurt to ask.”
Whether it’s Jesus, Buddha, the Almighty-Whoever, I believe it’s important for people to have faith. Prayer, moreover supplication, is important; yet what’s even more important?
Reader it’s to have faith in the universe. Sure, Oprah made this concept popular with “The Secret” but this concept is beyond mass media.
Please believe in the power of stating, writing, wishing, or thinking of your heart’s desires for your life in a positive manner. One woman placing her prayers in her God Box positively impacted her family, friends and countless readers of her story.
After all, it’s better for a wish to exist than to never have wished at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment