Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Awesomeness of Kyle Martin

Today’s entry is dedicated to our wonderfully talented friend: Kyle Martin.
For those who are unfamiliar with Kyle’s magnificence, Kyle is a twenty-something who resides in the trendy Williamsburg neighborhood in Brooklyn; however, he’s beyond the archetypal hipster.
He’s brilliant, clever and uncommonly kind. Kyle also has impeccable style which I believe stems from his artistic talent. Although he still has a day job Kyle is well on his way to establishing himself in the film industry.
Kyle’s fimlography is available here http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2769688/
To date I’ve seen two of Kyle’s works as a producer – “NY Export: Opus Jazz” and “Tiny Furniture”, his latest work.
“Tiny Furniture” is also up for not just one, not two, BUT THREE Film Independent Spirit Awards
1)    Best First Screenplay
2)    Best Cinematography
3)    Best First Feature – and Kyle Martin himself is listed as a nominee!
Kyle Martin with "Tiny Furniture" star, director and writer, Lena Dunham WHO IS ONLY 24!
As a friend, I’ve heard of Kyle’s struggles with the film industry yet he’s never deterred from pursuing his passion for film making.

Kyle and Lena's collective awesomeness reminds me of the poem “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.


In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.


Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.


It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.


If only we could all so bravely chase our dreams to greatness as Kyle Martin, Lena Dunham and William Ernest Henley.

No comments:

Post a Comment